At McLeod Law Firm, we are dedicated to securing compensation for victims of serious motor vehicle accidents throughout Georgia including car accidents, SUV rollover accidents, commercial trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, boating accidents and any other kind of roadway collision. We are committed to providing the highest quality legal service and have worked diligently to fashion a reputation for successfully resolving cases for our clients who have suffered injuries and wrongful death in all types of motor vehicle collisions.
You Are Not Alone: Georgia Car Accidents Happen Every Day
Serious motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death in the U.S. resulting in over six million accidents, which cause over forty thousand deaths and another two million permanent injuries, including injuries that may result in permanent disability, loss of mobility, inability to communicate, impaired mental functioning and/or sensation and other serious effects that decrease an accident victim’s quality of life and ability to support one’s family. You may assume that if you remain alert and drive safely you will not be involved in a serious motor vehicle accident. We know because that is what most of our clients believed before encountering another driver who was not so attentive and careful. Despite the caution you exercise when driving throughout Georgia, you have a one in four chance of being involved in a motor vehicle accident within the next 5 years. Based on government accident data, the question is not if you will be involved in a motor vehicle accident but when it will happen.
McLeod Firm Handles All Types of Georgia Motor Vehicle Accidents
If you or someone you love has been involved in a serious motor vehicle accident in North Georgia, the experienced team at McLeod Law Firm will help you obtain the compensation that you deserve. We have been helping Georgia residents injured in serious auto accidents for over 25 years. The aftermath of a Georgia car accident can be overwhelming because you may be dealing with painful injuries, long and arduous rehabilitative therapy as well as lost income and earning ability. The compassionate and dedicated legal team at McLeod Law firm will handle your legal issues and the headaches of dealing with insurance companies so that you can focus on getting healthy and getting back to work. Our law firm handles motor vehicle accident cases of all types throughout Georgia including but not limited to the following:
- Head-On Collisions
- Hit and Run Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Distracted Driving Collisions
- Tractor-Trailer Accidents
- Motorcycle Crashes
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-End Accidents
- Back-Up Accidents
- Boat Crashes
- Side-Swipe Accidents
- Construction Zone Collisions
- SUV Rollover Accidents
- Sudden Acceleration Accidents
- Run-Off-Road Accidents
- Side-Impact Collisions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Bicycle Collisions
- Delivery Truck Accidents
This is just a small sampling of the types of motor vehicle accidents that our law firm handles on behalf of clients that suffer serious injury or wrongful death throughout Georgia. At McLeod Law Firm, we understand that this is an emotionally and financially trying time for you and your family, and this is why we are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal counsel possible. We want to assist you in reaching the best possible outcome for your case, enabling you to seek justice and the financial compensation you need to rebuild your life. We seek the greatest possible compensation on your behalf through negotiations or in taking your case to court if the insurance provider is unreasonable in handling your claim. We will develop a litigation strategy devoted to allowing you to achieve the recovery you need to move on with your life and face a secure future.
Major Causes of Serious Georgia Auto Accidents
Under Georgia law, you may be compensated for your injuries if the negligent conduct of another driver caused your injuries. What this really means is that if the other driver is at-fault for causing the accident you may seek compensation for your injuries, including damages for medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, permanent disability or disfigurement, decreased earning capacity, property damage and loss of services and companionship of a spouse (loss of consortium) and other damages. The most common disputed issue in Georgia car accident cases is whether the other driver was “negligent.” In simple terms, this means that the other driver failed to exercise ordinary care to avoid causing injuries to others on the roadway. Some common examples of negligent conduct that may give rise to liability include:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of serious Georgia auto accidents. Drivers talking, texting or surfing the web on their cell phone cause many car accidents.
- Drunk Driving: A driver who is driving while under the influence of alcohol has slower reaction times, decreased coordination and less concentration behind the wheel. Georgia courts may impose punitive damages against drunk drivers who cause injuries to others. Punitive damages are designed to punish and discourage particularly egregious behavior and may substantially exceed the value of all other forms of damage combined.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a key factor in many accidents and not only increases the likelihood of an accident by reducing the time a driver has to avoid a potential collision but also results in increased impact and more severe injuries.
- Driver Fatigue: Drowsy and fatigued driving is fast becoming one of the leading causes of serious auto accidents. Driver fatigue is the leading cause of tractor-trailer accidents, which are among the most deadly Georgia motor vehicle accidents.
- Failure to Obey Traffic Safety Laws: Drivers may run red lights or stop signs, fail to keep their vehicle in its lane or violate other traffic safety laws. The mere violation of a traffic safety law may be a sufficient basis to impose liability if it causes injury to another person on Georgia roadways.
- Defectively Designed or Poorly Maintained Roadways: It is not uncommon for the design or construction of a roadway to contribute to an auto accident, such as steep downhill grades on narrow roads with sharp curves. Other times the road may not be properly maintained, including when certain substances are used to treat the roadway which makes them more slippery in extreme weather conditions. If a dangerous roadway contributes to a collision, the public entity responsible for the design or maintenance of the road may be liable for auto accident related injuries. There are special rules and shorter time limits for suing a public entity in Georgia so it is imperative to contact a Georgia car accident lawyer promptly.
- Defective Vehicles or Components: Many times a product defect associated with a motor vehicle itself may contribute to an auto accident. Common examples of auto accidents that may result from product defects include SUV rollover accidents which may occur because of the narrow wheel base and top heavy design of an SUV and sudden acceleration accidents where defective components in a car may cause it to accelerate on its own despite efforts to stop the vehicle.
Dedication and Commitment to Those Injured in Georgia Auto Accidents
This is only a brief overview of the types of conduct that may be the basis for imposing liability in a Georgia auto accident. McLeod Law Firm is founded on a commitment to providing the highest quality legal services to clients in North Georgia and elsewhere throughout the State of Georgia. We will carefully investigate the circumstances of your accident, negotiate with the insurance companies, analyze critical evidence and fashion a litigation strategy that allows us to negotiate from the strongest bargaining position or proceed to trial if the other party’s insurance company does not treat you fairly.
Our dedicated team at McLeod Law Firm has obtained millions of dollars on behalf of those injured or killed by the negligence of others throughout Georgia. Our commitment to excellence has earned our law firm a solid reputation in the Georgia legal community for trial preparation and advocacy in the courtroom. Our law firm philosophy is founded on the principle of striving to provide the highest quality legal services by taking fewer cases which allows us to focus our efforts and obtain the results upon which our law firm’s reputation is founded.